How to get a Cambodia Visa
f you are planning to enter Cambodia and visit the Kingdom’s most popular places, particularly the attractions in Phnom Penh or the wats in Siem Reap, you need to get a Cambodia visa on arrival.
To do so, you should enter the country through the international airports located in Phnom Penh or Siem Reap. You can also travel by land through the international checkpoints located in some of the surrounding provinces.
If you prefer traveling to Cambodia on river cruise liners or if you have to pass customs control at different entry points, you should obtain your visa before your travel dates.
A Cambodian visa can be applied for and obtained from a Cambodian embassy or any Cambodian consulate or via an electronic form.
To get a Cambodia visa on arrival and avoid any hassle, there are important pieces of information that you should know.
Get your pen and paper ready. It’s going to be a long list.
General Requirements for Visa Application Process
For a Cambodia visa application, all visitors must provide a passport (validity period should be at least 6 months) and one or two passport-sized photos.
On all domestic and international flights, an airport tax is charged.
For domestic flights:
- Foreigners – 6 USD
- Cambodians – 5 USD
- Passengers younger than 2 years – free
For international flights:
- Foreigners – 25 USD
- Passengers 2-12 years old – 13 USD
- Cambodians – 18 USD
- Passengers 2-12 years old – 10 USD
- Passengers younger than 2 years old – free
Cambodia Visa Cost
How much you’ll pay for a Cambodia tourist or travel visa will vary slightly, depending on the type you apply for.
- a single tourist visa would cost 30 USD
- a single business visa would cost 35 USD
A visa obtained at the airport is valid for one month. The holders of a tourist visa can get an extension for one more month once only to handle foreign affairs.
The holders of a business visa can get an extension multiple times for different periods of time:
- One-month extension
- Three months extension
- Six months extension
- One-year extension
The visitors that overstay will pay a fine of 10 USD.
Entry Points to Get a Visa on Arrival
A visitor can obtain a visa for Cambodia upon arrival at the following entry points:
- International Airport in Phnom Penh
- International Airport in Siem Reap
On the Border with Vietnam
- Bavet International Entry Point
- Kha Orm Sam Nor International Entry Point
- Koh Rohka International Entry Point
- Tropeang Sre International Entry Point
- Banteay Chakrey International Entry Point
- Prek Chak International Entry Point
- Phnom Den International Entry Point
- Oyadav International Entry Point
- Tropieng Phlong International Entry Point
On the Border with Thailand
- Cham Yem International Entry Point
- Poi Pet International Entry Point
- Osmach International Entry Point
- Sihanoukville International Entry Point
- Choam Sanguam International Entry Point
- Prum International Entry Point
- Doung International Entry Point
- Preah Vihear International Entry Point
On the Border with Lao
- Dong Krolar International Entry Point
- Tropieng Kreal International Entry Point
Visitors who enter the Kingdom through different checkpoints must present a visa.
Not all visitors can receive their visas on arrival. The citizens of the following countries should have it obtained before the arrival:
- Saudi Arabia
- Sri Lanka
There is a number of countries where citizens do not need a visa to visit Cambodia.
- Brunei Darussalam
- Lao PDR
- Viet Nam
- The People`s Republic China
- The Republic of Korea
Do US citizens need a visa for Cambodia?
The Cambodian government introduces a simplified application for the citizens of particular countries. Do US citizens need a visa for Cambodia? Actually, yes.
When they arrive in the Kingdom, US citizens need to have a Cambodia visa for US citizen. All US citizens can apply for a valid tourist visa either upon arrival at the airport, or, if they enter the country by land, at the major land entry points.
However, for more convenience, it is recommended to apply in advance, through an online form or in a Cambodian embassy or consulate. To proceed with the application process, two passport-size photos and a valid passport (validity period for at least 6 months) are requested.
On to you …
With this information at hand, you will have little problems when applying for a Cambodian visa. You know the most important details, at least. If you are planning on staying for a decent amount of time, we recommend staying in a guesthouse.
Interested to know more about the e-visa instead? Visit the official eVisa website of the Kingdom of Cambodia.